The next part in successfully developing a functioning business is being able to drive traffic to your site. This can be done in many ways ranging from paid ads, Search Engine Optimization, social media, etc. , but today I will mainly cover engaging customers on Facebook.
We currently live in a world in which we are inseparable from technology. We must always be on Twitter, Facebook, texting, or even just using our smartphone. This addictive use of technology is great news for those of us creating an online business. If our potential customers are always on Facebook, then that gives us the perfect chance to target and lock in these customers. Below I will list steps that will help you get your business noticed on Facebook.
1. Start by creating a “Page” for your business. To do this login into your Facebook and follow the link below.
2. When creating a Facebook page be sure to add a profile picture, background picture, and add information about your business in the “about” section.
3. Once you have your page up and running, you need to drive traffic to your site. If you use the Facebook ads tool it is incredibly pricey, so start by using the three tips below.
- Invite your Facebook friends to join/ like your page
- Create interesting posts that interest users and link them to your site
- Post user friendly information; don’t try to push a sale on them.
4. Create a competition, publish a coupon code, or run a photo contest. By doing this, it allows all previous customers to engage and promotes potential customers to join the action. A great example of this and how it boosted a business can be found below.
5. Post frequency. This step is essential to being able to keep your customers and attract new customers. You need to post enough in on your business Facebook page that it keeps you in your customers news feed, but be wary, if you post too much you will be found as annoying and you may lose customers.
Now that you have the basic steps and tips to creating a Facebook page for you business, you should have no problem boosting your exposure through Facebook.
Here are a few helpful websites with tons more information on creating a Facebook page for your business. Also I have included the link to the Facebook page I am currently building for my business.
5 Ways to improve your FB Engagement –
5 Ways to improve your FB News Feed Exposure –
FB Targeted Posts to improve engagement –
Link to my Facebook business page